01 diciembre, 2019

Takayoshi Tanimoto Talk in Chile 2019

During february, 2019 Takayoshi Tanimoto visited Chile to perform at Anime Expo Summer 2019. On february 2nd he gave a show and on february 3rd he offered a conference. Here we translate the full talk for international fans. You can find the original version in spanish on our twitter. We have excluded a couple of questions about our country that we consider are not of general interest nor relevant to foreign readers.

Tell us about the reception of the audience during your concert? How did you feel it? 
They are very similar to japanese audiences, because they followed the dancing steps that I instructed. I've performed in other places like China, where the security at the venues is very strict, so they prefer to avoid turmoil and doing anything rash. Also, I was in Brazil recently, but everyone do their own thing over there.

Your debut in the anime world was in Digimon Tamers with the song "One Vision". How did you become involved? 
Before getting into the anime industry I was an independent musician. I worked as a music director. Once, a friend of mine was looking for a singer and asked me a recomendation for the job. Then, I gave him a tape, but didn't say who the performer was. When he listened to it, he came to me asking who that person was, because he was very good. So I told him it was me and that's how I got the job. And well, the rest of the story you know it already.

You've also composed for tokusatsu series. Is there any difference between composing for anime and for live action series? 
Is pretty similar, actually. First I watch the footage of the series and then I try to connect my feelings with the ones of the characters. If there's an action or fighting scene I choose rock or metal music and for sad scenes I prefer ballads or melancholic melodies.

What's been your experience singing for Dragon Ball? How do you feel being part of such big and popular franchise?
At first, when I was offered the job of performing the opening and ending for Dragon Ball Kai I had my doubts. I myself am a fan of the series and believed that it would be better if the original singer returned for this, since he's such an iconic voice. I also pondered about the fanbase, who probably had the same thoughts. So, I felt excited for the opportunity, but on the other side I could feel the pressure.
I think that this remake of Dragon Ball is closer to the vision that Akira Toriyama imprinted in the story of the manga, since it leaves out a lot of the things that were added to the old anime.
I believe it was a good thing that they decided to do this version, because it presented the series to the new generations and the old fans that grew up can watch it with their children now. In a sense it's a cultural heritage.

Was it too hard to record "Yuuki wo Uketsugu Kodomotachi e", since it has so many people involved?
That is a good question. I was very excited, because it was the first time that all the singers of Digimon got together. It was pretty easy and the recording session went very quickly and smoothly, because they all are very talented and professional people who give the best of themselves.

Now we have a surprise. We didn't know this, but Tanimoto-san told us earlier that he composed music for the Tokyo subway. The one that plays when the doors close. Can you tell us more about that? 
I got recomended for this job, too. I wrote 100 tunes in one week and sent them to the client. Then, months passed by and I didn't receive an answer, so I thought they didn't like them and I continued doing other things. I believe it was after like 6 months that they called me back, saying that they wanted to use 20 of those tunes and I told them that I would work on them, since the ones I sent were unfinished pieces, but they said that they were fine just like that. So...those are the melodies that people in Tokyo can hear in the trains.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario